Name of event:
KVARNER PLIVA – Swimming marathon Malinska 3000m/1500m/100m
The Tourist Board Malinska and KDP Primorje
Place, date and time of the event:
Malinska, August 24, 2019 race starts at 11:00 a.m.
Description and characteristics of the course on which the event takes place:
The races on 3000m and 1500m start in the sea in front of the Malinska beach. The athletes will swim 600m along the buoys for the bathers in Malinska and Haludovo beaches and will turn back in the anti-clockwise direction, passing the buoys with their left arm until the finish line, which will be placed near the starting line in front of Malinska beach. Both 3000m and 1500m races begin at the same time and are on the same course (1 lap for 1500m and 2 laps for 3000m). Swimmers are advised to use swimming caps in order to be more easily distinguished from other bathers.
The participants are monitored by the Chief referee and other judges on the boats.
The 100 m race for children born in 2005 and younger is swum in front of Malinska beach (parents or experienced adult swimmers are allowed to accompany the children born in 2012 and younger)
The program and competition schedule:
09:30 – Registration of competitors at the Beach Bar Siesta
10:45 – end of registration for 3000m and 1500m
10:50 – Briefing and roll call for the participants
11:00 – START OF THE RACE on 3000m (time limit 90’) and 1500m (time limit 45’) Remark: after the limit has expired the competitors who have not passed the finish line will be considered as bathers.
12: 35 – START Of the CHILDREN’S RACE ON 100m
12:45- lunch (meadow in front of the Beach Bar Siesta)
13:30- Awards ceremony
The right to participate in the competition:
The race is open to all licensed and unlicensed competitors, from Croatia and abroad.
Each competitor starts at his own responsibility, acknowledging that with his own signature by completing the application just before the race or previously online via the Internet properly completed application. The responsibility is not transferable to the organizers of the competition. For competitors under 18, the application is signed with the declaration by the parent / guardian authorizing the participation of a minor competitor in the race.
Minors without a parent / guardian will NOT be allowed to participate in the competition.
You can register:
1. online on the web site KDP Primorje
2. On the day of the race
A competitor is eligible to compete after a duly completed application form for participation no later than 15 minutes before the competition.
The amount of fees and method of payment:
The fee for the race for the swimmers on 3000m and 1500m is 80 kn for payment submitted until 23/08/2019 the IBAN of the club: HR7924840081105746935, or 100kn for subsequent payment or payments done shortly before the race. The fee for the Children’s 100m race is 50kn until 23rd August, or 60kn on the race day.
Description of awards:
Medals for the first 3 competitors in the categories:
– Men and women absolute and based on a handicap system with the coefficients used to calculate the corrected time. Absolute winners are not scored in the handicap system.
Every participant on 3000m and 1500m will get a T-shirt and a warm meal.
-CHILDREN: medals for the first 3 absolute boys and girls in the categories born in 2004-2009 and 2010 -and younger.
Every child will get a meal and a gift.
During the race it is prohibited:
– Any physical conflict in the competition (kicking, pulling competitors, etc.)
– Standing, resting, or any contact with the coast, the sea barrier or boat escort
The organizer has the right to amend the requirements for the competition until the start of race
– In the event of unforeseen circumstances the organizer reserves the right to change the propositions ( i.e. in the event of adverse weather conditions or in cases of force majeure, or the inability to ensure safe swimming), the right to cancel the competition without obligation to return the entry fee.
Each participant accepts the following conditions:
– the competitor acknowledges that the race is solely on his own responsibility, aware that participation in this race represents a potential danger involving the risk of various types of bodily injury and possible death
– the competitor acknowledges that the organizer is not responsible for any form of damage caused to him by participating in the race, indirectly, directly, isolated or linked, caused by his own negligence and guilt, or negligence and guilt of other competitors or third parties before, during or after the mentioned competition
– the competitor is liable for any form of harm to third parties caused or to which he or she has contributed to his own negligence or guilt
– the competitor is obliged to comply with officially published rules, instructions on safe movement, and conditions of performance issued by the organizer during the competition, and immediately before and afterwards, and the instructions of the judges, ranks and persons engaged in the organization of the competition
– the competitor waives the right to claim from the organizer compensation for any form of damage caused by participation in this competition
– for all disputes, the competent court in Rijeka is under the jurisdiction of the Republic of Croatia